Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My very first quilt

I made my very first quilt when I was in first grade for a school project - - 20-coughcough years ago. I hand stitched the squares and the rows together, my mom carefully showing me how to measure, mark, pin, sew and press. Looking back, I'm sure I had a little help from Mom, especially on the binding.

I was (and am) a big fan of rainbows, so I liked everything in "rainbow order."



And, so it began. Twenty-coughcough years later, I'm still quilting, loving every minute (except for the pinning), and still getting help from my mom on the binding.

I know it's sappy, but thanks Mom, for teaching me how to quilt, bind, pin, press and fabric shop!

Happy stitching,

Kelly



1 comment:

Jean(ie) said...

looks awesome for a first quilt. You had a natural knack way back then...

LOL @ the "calicos" of days gone by... I'm glad we've gotten past that phase. Love the fabrics of today!